Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vintage school desks

School desk at my cousin's house in The Netherlands

I received an e-mail this morning from my cousin Leonie (pictured below) with a picture of a vintage, European, school desk and chair that used to be in our house. My brothers and I each had our own desk in the living room (all different heights) where we would keep our pens and papers and sit for hours drawing and crafting things. The desk is probably an old decommissioned desk from the school my mom used to teach at. I am so glad it is getting passed onto the next generation- it will look stunning in my cousin's modern home (check out the amazing grey epoxy floor she has in her house). I will try to find a picture of myself behind a school desk but that requires some digging in the basement (and basements are creepy).  Found it (see below).

1.

2.

3.

Picture Source 1. 2. 3.

That's me, with the red hair, sitting behind a school bench.
Sabs (left) and Leo (right)

2 comments: